- City Services
- Utility Billing Services
- Delinquent Accounts / Reconnection Fees
Delinquent Accounts / Reconnection Fees
Utility bills are due and payable upon presentation. An account is considered delinquent if it has not been paid by the due date shown on the bill. The day after the due date on the bill, a reminder notice will be generated and mailed. Thirteen days after the notice is generated, a door tag is placed at the service address giving the customer a minimum of 48-hour notice that service will be disconnected. At this time, a $5 door tag fee is assessed. If an account has been shut off due to nonpayment, service will not be restored until all delinquent charges are paid. In addition, a $10 fee will be charged to the account when a customer service has been turned-off for non-payment.
Service will be disconnected for nonpayment of deposits. Customers will be required to pay the $10 disconnect fee in addition to the deposit before service will be restored.
Service may also be disconnected if customer writes an insufficient funds check for payment on the account. A door tag will be placed at the service address advising payment must be made within 48 hours or service will be disconnected. A $25 returned check fee will be assessed for the first time and a $35 fee for the second check. If an account is shut off, a $10 for disconnect fee must be paid. Payment must be made with cash, money order, credit card, or ATM card. After two returned checks in one year, a customer must pay by cash, money order, credit card, or ATM card for two years before we will accept checks against the account.
Other Reconnection Fees
- For service terminated at the pole or underground location during regular working hours - $120
- For service terminated at the pole or underground location other than regular working hours - $180
- For service terminated due to meter tampering will be twice the amount of the actual damages
- For Water services terminated for non-payment and restored other than regular working hours a after hours turn-on/turn-off fee of $247 will be assessed.