- City Services
- Community Services
- Youth Sports
- COVID Guidelines
The City of Colton has been and will continue to actively monitor the situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). The health and well-being of all athletes, coaches, and their families is the City of Colton’s top priority. We are asking that all participants adhere to our Covid-19 Policy and Procedure manual for full guidelines. Please help us minimize COVID-19 and any additional infectious disease risks as much as possible. All guidelines are based on State, County, City, CDC, and American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations.
All coaches, players, and spectators are encouraged to stay home if feeling unwell.
- Community Services staff will increase cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing all commonly used spaces in between games.
- Coaches, players, and spectators must wear face masks/face coverings at all times when occupying the facility. Including while actively participating in games.
- Coaches, players, and spectators must be willing to submit to a health screen prior to entering into the gymnasium.
- ONLY scheduled teams (coaches and players) are permitted in the facility before, during and after practices. Game day seating capacity will be reduced. Players are encouraged to only bring one parent/guardian to practices.
- Teams may not enter the facility for their scheduled game or practice until the previous teams have left the facility.
- Teams cannot scrimmage during practices with any player from another team.
- All spectators, volunteers and participants are encourage to wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol.
- At the end of the game, we ask all teams to reframe from handshakes, High Fives, hugs or any physical contact. All post game conduct should be complementary and verbal.
- All personal items (water bottles, towels, mouth pieces, warm up apparel, fitness gear/equipment, etc.) must not be shared. Also, these items be kept and/or confined in each players personal bag, container and space.
- Games may need to be rescheduled on a case by case basis. Please check your game schedule weekly.
When NOT to send your child to a game or practice
- Child has a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher
- Child has a positive or pending test for COVID-19 (League Coordinator needs to be notified of positive test results)
- Child is living with and/or in regular close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19. They must not attend athletic events until the person is well and the quarantine period ends.
- Child has traveled to a COVID-19 advisory area (as designated by the CDC) within the past 14 - days. They must not come to any athletic event until that quarantine period ends.
- Child has been placed under a 14-day quarantine period from their school system.
Anyone who is sick or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 including players, family members, volunteers, staff and spectators — SHOULD NOT attend practices or games. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick. We need our entire community to work together: please stay home when you’re sick; get tested if you’re symptomatic; report your child’s positive test to Shanice Jackson, 909.370.5569 or Jshanice@coltonca.gov (confidentially); if you are directed to quarantine, follow the instructions and limit interaction with non-family members; social distance when you can and wear a mask at all times.